Schoolwide Learning Expectations
IHM Students have HEART ♥
Thinkers & Life-Long Learners
The School-wide Learning Expectations define for us the spiritual, academic, and social characteristics that a student of Immaculate Heart of Mary will work to attain and develop throughout his/her years of attendance.
- We take responsibility for self-discipline and self-control.
- We understand and practice basic nutrition, exercise, and hygiene.
- We demonstrate safety habits.
- We develop positive self-esteem and value the feelings of others.
- We read write, and communicate through speech effectively.
- We use technology responsibly and creatively to share ideas.
- We utilize conflict-resolution skills.
- We gain knowledge about Catholic doctrine and scripture. We apply this knowledge to making moral choices.
- We show spiritual growth through prayer, reflection, liturgy, and faith experiences.
- We perform service to our church, school, local, and global communities in our daily lives, providing a good example to others.
- We recognize and respond to local and global issues.
- We understand and show appreciation for our multicultural society.
- We respect and protect the environment.
Thinkers and Life-Long Learners
- We research, analyze, and synthesize information to solve problems and answer questions.
- We think critically, independently, and creatively to develop their individual potential.
- We use technology effectively in their pursuit of knowledge.
- We demonstrate an acceptance of constructive criticism.